All of the valves listed have been approved for Grade A, Type 1 Hi-Shock requirements per MIL-S-901. The valves described are a sampling of the designs available meeting Navy specifications. For a specification recommendation on a valve to meet your exact needs, please contact, ASCO at 1-800-972-2726.
These 2-way pack less direct acting valves are suitable for steam flows to 100 lbs. per hour and are available with sil brazed unionends per MIL-F-1183. All are supplied with manual operating devices and meet the Hi-Shock requirements of MIL-S-901. No minimum operating pressure differential is required.
These valves meet the steam solenoid valve requirements covered in MIL-R-16743, “Refrigerating Plants and Systems, Mechanical; and Refrigerating System Components - Dichlorodifluoromethane R12 - Naval Shipboard,” paragraph 3.6.16, the refrigeration plant and systems specification for Naval shipboard use. Valves listed below may be used for many other shipboard applications.
- Operation: Normally closed (valve closed when de-energized, open when energized).
- Pipe Sizes: 3/8” and 1/2” sil brazed union ends per MIL-F-1183.
- Valve Body: Forged Brass.
- Valve Seat: Stainless Steel (300 Series).
- Solenoid Construction: Internal parts in contact with fluid are of 300 Series and 400 Series stainless steel.
- Solenoid Enclosures: Navy watertight Hi-Shock (15-foot submersible).
- Electrical: Standard 115 volts, AC, 60 Hz. (Consult factory for other voltages).
- Installation: AV224593 valve must be mounted with solenoid vertical and upright. AV174565 valves may be mounted in any position without affecting operation.
Navy/Marine Valves Catalogs and Documentation