Ethernet used throughout the world to network millions of PC’s has now evolved into a viable industrial network. Ethernet is an open architecture high-level communication network that meets the demands of today’s industrial applications requiring high-speed (10/100 Mbit/s), high-throughput and flexibility. Various application layers for this protocol including EtherNet/IP and Modbus TCP/IP. Additionally, Ethernet technology can integrate an on-board Web server, which can make the node readily accessible to any standard Web browser for configuration, testing and even retrieval of technical documentation.
Numatics’ G3 Ethernet nodes have an integrated graphic display and are capable of addressing combinations of up to 1200 Outputs and 1200 Inputs. The G3 EtherNet/IP nodes have been tested and approved for conformance by the ODVA. More information about EtherNet/IP and the ODVA can be obtained from the following WEB site: Open DeviceNet Vendors Association (ODVA) http://www.odva.org.
- Node Power: 24 VDC @ .091 Amps
- Valves & Discrete I/O: 24 VDC @ 8 Amps maximum
- Temperature Range (ambient) -10° to 115° F (-23° to +50° C)
- Humidity: 95% relative humidity, non-condensing
- Moisture Protection: IP65, IP67 (with appropriate assembly and termination)
- Maximum Valve-Solenoid Outputs: 32
- Maximum Addressable I/O Points: Various combinations of 1200 outputs and 1200 inputs
- Supported Baud Rates 10 Mbit / 100 Mbit