DeviceNet is an open bus fieldbus communication system developed by Allen-Bradley based on Controller Area Network (CAN) technology. The governing body for DeviceNet is the Open DeviceNet Vendors Association (ODVA). The ODVA controls the DeviceNet specification and oversees product conformance testing. Numatics’ G3 DeviceNet nodes have an integrated graphic display and are capable of addressing combinations of up to 1200 Outputs and 1200 Inputs. They have been tested and approved for conformance by the ODVA.
More information about DeviceNet and the ODVA can be obtained from the following WEB site: Open DeviceNet Vendors Association (ODVA) http://www.odva.org.
- Node Power at Max. Brightness 24 VDC @ 0.070 Amps
- BUS Power: 11-25 VDC @ 0.025 Amps
- Valves & Discrete I/O: 24 VDC @ 8 Amps Maximum
- Temperature Range (ambient) -10° to 115° F (-23° to +50° C)
- Humidity 95% relative humidity, non-condensing
- Moisture Protection IP65, IP67 (with appropriate assembly and termination)
- Maximum Valve-Solenoid Outputs: 32
- Maximum Addressable I/O Points: Various combinations of 1200 outputs and 1200 inputs
- Supported Baud Rates: 125K Baud, 250K Baud, 500K Baud, with Auto-Baud detection