DeviceLogix is a Rockwell Automation technology that allows a DeviceNet node to be programmed to execute a sequence independently from the control for the main PLC/IPC. A DeviceLogix enabled DeviceNet node can be used in conjunction with a standard DeviceNet network, providing simple distributed control functionality. Additionally it can also be used in a standalone application, without a network connection or PLC/IPC, to sequence pneumatic valves and control I/O. Numatics has integrated this licensed technology into its DeviceNet compatible valve manifold series, which combine the functionality of a modular pneumatic valve system with integrated I/O.
Programming of the DeviceLogix enabled node is done using the industry standard DeviceNet commissioning software tool RSNetWorx for DeviceNet from Rockwell Automation. The programming software features an easily understandable graphics environment where the users can simply “drag and drop” logic function blocks (i.e. AND, NAND, OR, NOR, XOR, XNOR, RS LATCHES, COUNTERS and TIMERS) onto a page and interconnect them to develop the required sequence, or ladder logic programming can be used to develop a sequence. The programmed sequence is downloaded to the node via standard DeviceNet communication connection, thus multiple nodes can be programmed on the same network.
- Node Power: 24 VDC @ 0.070 Amps
- BUS Power: 11-25 VDC @ 0.025 Amps
- Valves & Discrete I/O: 24 VDC @ 8 Amps Maximum
- Temperature Range (ambient) -10° to 115° F (-23° to +50° C)
- Humidity: 95% relative humidity, non-condensing
- Moisture Protection IP65, IP67 (with appropriate assembly and termination)
- Maximum Valve-Solenoid Outputs: 32
- Supported Baud Rates: 125K Baud, 250K Baud, 500K Baud, with Auto-Baud detection