The new solution provides time and money saving benefits to customers during set up and maintenance of electronic marshalling systems.
ASCO has introduced the ASCO Numatics 580 CHARM Node, a unique solution for easy solenoid valve integration into the Emerson DeltaV S-series distributed control system (DCS) with Electronic Marshalling.
"With the 580 CHARM node, a complete Emerson solution is now available for I/O and pneumatic manifolds in process plants that use DCS," said Stephane Vanouche, Valve Island Marketing Manager for ASCO, Europe. "By directly linking the node to the DeltaV system via the CHARM baseplate, commissioning is greatly simplified and the number of interfaces, gateways, wiring, and junction boxes are dramatically reduced."
The 580 CHARM node enables full integration of pneumatic valves and manifolds into the DeltaV S-series DCS network, and provides the following benefits:
- Uses native capability of DeltaV for diagnostics of pneumatic valves, allowing data to be available to the asset management suite
- Brings CHARM I/O card's redundant communications and power connections to pneumatic valve manifolds eliminates the need for two industrial control networks (PROFIBUS-DP for pilot valves and proprietary Ethernet for CHARMs I/O) and associated hardware in the same cabinet
- Utilises single connection from DeltaV to the CHARM baseplate, eliminating the need to use individual CHARM output cards to drive each valve coil on the manifold
- Allows addition of any I/O type anywhere and anytime in the plant
- Reduces programming and commissioning labour. Achieves 5% to 15% savings on wiring and components
"The node provides cost-saving functionality for businesses, such as life science, pharmaceutical, and biotech companies, using DeltaV S-series DCS with distributed I/O for continuous or batch manufacturing processes," said Vanouche.
580 Series datasheet
Electronic Marshalling Product Datasheet
Learn more about our valve islands